2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? Singles, laceweight, I have done 2 ply in a class. And have just done my first 3 ply.
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? Wheel, but I can spindle
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with (type, brand, etc)? Anything you don't like? I have done silk, but mostly wool. I have done bits of bamboo, camel, alpaca in my spinning class.
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? I haven't ordered anything on line. I have gotten my fibers in person at a LYS in Austin on trips there and at the Kidd N Ewe annual fiber festival.
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Everything LOL
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? I have done Spinning 101 and 201 at a LYS in Austin. Don't know about other techniques that are any different than what I've learned.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? I dyed my first lot of fibre at the Kidd N Ewe that was silk. Much fun!
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I have some old cotton carders that I learned to blend fibers/colors. I have bought some "dog" combs to use for combing. Ready to spin is easier though. I have gotten a bunch of raw mohair, but haven't
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? Scribble lace with my handspun silk as the "thin" yarn.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? Do not have a wpi gauge .
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Purple, Black, Red's earth colors. Don't really like Hot pinks, lime greens, etc.
13 What is on your wheel right now? Black shetland and bamboo just came off 3 plyed. Nothing is on right now waiting for the start of this to start.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? KNITTING!!! and crochet, sewing. Mainly knitting.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? Living a good life with my family.
16. Do you have an online wishlist? Yes, on Amazon.com
17. Is there anything that you collect? Sheep, cows (not real ones)
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? Subscriptions-Creative Knitter, Interweave Knits, and Knit Simple. Any kind of yarn. I'd love a Zimmerman book (whichever has the Baby Surprise Jacket). Knit picks harmony needles are on my wanted needles. Toy patterns by Alan Dart (the dragon is the cutest thing), from my Ravelry you can see I already have a big library and I have some that I can't list becuase they aren't on their list. I buy Spin Off at the store.
19. When is your birthday? August 29th
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? I have no idea. Husband agreed that it would be Scarlet O'hara. LOL. I have a mind of my own and do as I want, LOL.
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? HOTTTTTT. I am in West Texas we are a desert. Summer temps hang around 100 degrees.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I am a yoga instructor and believe in complementary medicine.
favorite painting/picture(link): Of my DGS in his Halloween Sweater knitted by his Mimi. http://www.flickr.com/photos/75744755@N00/1718122667/in/set-72157603590400751/
Candy: Snickers, not much of a candy eater.
Food: Mexican, seafood
TV Show(s): House, ER, Grey's Anatomy, Brother & Sisters, CSI. Can you tell I am in healthcare?
Book(s): Debbie McComber, I think I've caught up on all her series of Cove, Dakota's, etc. Just finished 20 wishes. I am now reading Wicked. Also read Daniel Steel.
Guilty Pleasure(s): Quiet time with a good book, a good glass of wine, sitting on the balcony in the evning. And knitting anywere there is a lull in action. or watching TV. LOL.