T's Blog

A place to keep track of my passions. Family, work, hobbies.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Secret Pal 8

http://secretpal8.blogspot.com/#

My secret pal has made contact, Yahooooo!. This should be so much fun. So here you go SP! My answers to the questionaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I am a newbie knitter. Just started in Nov 2005. But I like the Merino wool we used for a baby sweater in a class I took. I used a Lion Brand Wool-ease for my first pair of socks I knitted. And am using a sport weight self stripping for the pair I am working on now. Some novelty yarns for scarf’s last Christmas.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have two big zippered needle holders for my knitting needles and a clasp purse thing for my crochet hooks.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been teaching myself to knit since last Nov. Now, of course, I'm practically obsessed!! I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do now! LOL

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Yankee eucalyptus candle. My daughter just gave me one for mother’s day. Lavender, patchouli, let’s put it this way. I love scents. Tea tree isn’t my favorite.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes!!! My favorite candies are Heath bars and snickers.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Sewing, beading (a little). I stain wood etc around our house just finished staining our hot tub redwood (it had gotten very faded). See blog for the stairs I stained and tong oiled. I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like lots of different kinds of music. "Eclectic" might be the right word to describe my taste. Do not like hard rock. My favorite radio station is “memories” plays a great mix of oldies. Ottmar Liebert’s guitar is my favorite. I think I have all his CD’s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I really purple, reds. Earth colors. I wear a lot of black.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my hubby, 7 dogs and 2 cats. We breed Chinese pugs, LOL. And have a rescue Aussie mix, and 2 rescue cats, one black and white and a Siamese.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves in the winter. Not so much hats. I crocheted two Martha Stewart ponchos last year (see blog). But living in Texas you don’t have much cold. LOL. I have leather gloves that I have had for 10 years that are like butter. So wear them the most.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I have only knitted a few things so don’t have a favorite yet. But I am on my second pair of socks, LOL.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, a prayer shawl, and getting ready to cast on a summer top for DD1.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes, absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars are great! I find them to be really versatile. More importantly, they're compact and reduce the risk of injury (along with any possible lawsuits) while knitting... I've never used wooden needles before but I have a pair but the sock pattern I am using called for a different size, LOL. . Of the needles I've knitted with, I much prefer aluminum to plastic but I have so many!!!! Got them at estate sales and I can’t pass any up. LOL.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yarn winder yes. Don’t know what a swift is.

17. How did you learn to knit?

I taught myself from books, knitting help.com, yahoo groups, just subscribed to knitters edge, and I have gone to a couple classes (baby sweater was the project but I finished way ahead of them and haven’t been back)

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 months (prayer shawl that I only work on when I need mindless knitting K3P2)

19. What is your favorite holiday?

The entire stretch between Thanksgiving and New Year's is my favorite time of the year.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

I have an embarrassingly large collection coffee cups. I get one from every place I go. Knitting needles??? LOL.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribed to a couple on line can’t recall the names; I have bought a few from Hastings. One Vogue Knits of which I am using the pattern for DD1’s top.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm intimidated by color work and I think I really need to learn to use charts! I got some knitting machines from an estate sale and I am trying to figure them out.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

08/29

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Nic said...

    You laugh, but that Amazon list comes in handy for the shopper! I would say every SP I have ever had, I have bought something off the list for them. /nic SP8

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger tarcher said...

    I made the start of one, LOL. Didn't have much time to "shop".

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home