T's Blog

A place to keep track of my passions. Family, work, hobbies.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Back to civilization, well almost.

We have made it back to Sante Fe after 3 days at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs. Never thought I'd say "I've had enough massage and soaking in hot mineral water" but I am LOL. But I'll go back in a heart beat. So beautiful and peaceful (at leat at night they were having some construction on the cabins). Got some knitting done inbetween. Sitting on the front porch but the flies got to me and I went inside, LOL. City girl I know! Got a lot done on the bumble bee shawl, did a dishcloth with the dolphin pattern. And started a sock pattern that just wasn't working so it's frogged. We stay here tonight and see some more sites here tomorrow then down to Albaquerque tomorrow evening. We stay there over night and may stay 2 nights. But we may go on down to Ruidosa if we can get a room. I am loving NM and never knew so much was here.
I have made 4 LYS's. Got a little stash. Saw several weaving businesses. The best here so far was the Sante Fe School of Weaving that's with Miriam's Well. http://www.sfschoolofweaving.com/ Great shop, wonderful garden and such a wonderfully cheerful staff. I could have stayed but we had to be in Ojo Caliente by 3.













We got lost along the way through Espanola and ended up nearly in Tao's. We came up through the Rio Grande gorge. Now let me tell you, going up a mountain side on a dirt road was a hoot. Ever see a 3/4 ton chevy pick up hug a mountain??? It will, LMBO. But we survived and made it with 30 minutes to spare.
Will have to share more later. It's getting late, and we have lots of sightseeing to do tomorrow. And I can't let 3 days of relaxation go to pot.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Rochelle said...

    therese,
    i have a sick baby and can't make it tonight. I'm giving her tylenol and taking her to dr tomorrow. is there anything else i should be doing? I'm clueless with baby stuff.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home