T's Blog

A place to keep track of my passions. Family, work, hobbies.

Friday, July 07, 2006

What a time we had!

We went to Austin for our 8th anniversary and had a great time. Found some great things at the shops, ate too much, and had some wonderful quality time alone together.
Of course no trip to Austin isn't complete with out a trip to Hill Country Weavers. I found the yarn I needed for the Bumble Bee Shawl, sock yarn, a swift, and a spindle. Then when I got home my SP had sent me one, too. But I will use them both I am sure. I tried to buy wool at the Wool Co-op in Eden but they don't sell to the public, ughhh. I think the wool my SP sent will be better for my first try at spinning any way.


I found this great 50's lamp at a little shop off S. Congress. It had to come home with me since my living room is done in 50's style. LOL.






Then I found this wonderful little rocking chair I think on Lamar somewhere, LOL. It sits so well great for knitting and maybe someday rocking a grandbaby.
We also went to an Ashram off 290. They had peacocks all over the place. Such a peaceful place. We will try to go stay there sometime. I told DH that next year I am going to WHIBSIB and he can go stay at the ashram. LOL.
We found a castle in the middle of Austin. Has anyone every seen this. Don't even ask me what road we had a hard time finding it. Almost passed it, it's in the middle of a neighbourhood. Interesting to say the least!
I had the whole week off so what do I do? Paint! I got the garage done and it got to hot to do anymore, will try to finish the one side of the house I have left to do Sunday.














My Missy Lace project is done!!! Yah hoo.


Blocking!
















Beautiful if I do say so myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home