T's Blog

A place to keep track of my passions. Family, work, hobbies.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

What a weekend!




Saturday morning started out very cold, but since we had clients to work on at the center it didn't matter. But when we finshed we went over to the Celtic Festival. What fun!








These were the Texas Tech Players. They were very good.








This is the Drum and Pipe group. A bunch of young people probably junior to senior high school age. Funny thing how can hispanics be Irish? LOL. Oh well they did a great job.









This was the Tartan Weaving teacher. I also took a Lucet class with her and learned to make a square rope. Didn't get a picture of that.

















DH took me to our favoriate Italian place Mia Piaci's where you can bring your own blottle. Notice what I carried it in? Yes my knitting bag. Perfect for one project and one bottle of merlot. LOL.









Then it was off to the Calieleh (sp). Where the beer was flowing and the men in skirts where a playing. Bagpipes, fiddlers, and such. What a blast.




















Today we took off for Stanton's Old Soreheads Trade Days. And lookie what my DH found. Yes a spinning wheel. It seems to be all there and it works. And what a bargain only $65.00! It needs oil I think LOL. And I need instructions. I tried to do a little with the roving I have on hand. But I will be looking for a book and a teacher I am sure.
I am pooped. DH is asleep in his recliner while I update and watch Desperate Housewives, LOL.
On the knitting I worked on the second sock at the festival and on the drive to Stanton. But now am working on the LSSK blankie. How funny that I can knit all day, and my hands don't bother me. But crocheting the edging on the blankie is murder!


DD says no more signs of progress on the labor pains, so I will stay put for now. But plan on making it to Blanco by Friday if she doesn't go before then. And spend the weekend the the LSSK group for WHIBSIB.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home