T's Blog

A place to keep track of my passions. Family, work, hobbies.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

FO and Retail Therapy

Finished the socks I started last weekend on the drive to Fredricksburg tonight.

These are the treasures from my retail therapy visits to Rosewood Yarns and the Ewe and Eye. From Rosewood I got the Jagger Spun Zephyr 1200 yardsof 50% silk and 50% wool. I think it will be a shawl form Victorian Lace Today. Or possibly a MS3 (Swan Lake) Stole. I have some beautiful white beads to use. And I broke down and finally gave myself some (drum roll please) Addi Turbo Lace needls size 3 32" circulars. And some HiyaHiya Size 2 24" ciculars that look even sharper than the Addie Lace. From the Ewe and Eye some sock yarns from Regia in white and some in multi color. But these are "SILK" well 20% silk anyway 55% wool and 25% polymide. It's sooooooo soft. The tan cone is something I found at, of all places, Homestead on main street in Fredricksburg. For those that don't know that store it's a funiture, antique's etc. Never thought they'd have yarn. But it is antique white. So it will probably be a shawl.
Tomorrow is DD2's BD and the knitting guild. We planned on eating during the meeting so DD is going with me because she loves that restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home